Today is the birthday of my "Silly-Willy-Jilly Bean". (Yes, she has acquired many names in the past 9 years...) I still remember the day we found out that our lives were about to change...again. Kaytlin, our eldest, was about 5 months old. (No matter what they say, breastfeeding DOES NOT suppress ovulation...I have proof.) After going through the stress of conceiving our first child (yes, it was stress...that's another long story) we decided not to put ourselves through that the second time around. And so, we chose to "wing it". And along came Jillian Rebecca. She was definitely not an "oops", nor was she "unplanned". God never makes mistakes. We were surprised, but pleasantly so. People thought we were insane. When Kaytlin was a year old and on my hip, and I was rather large incubating Jillian, I got quite the comments (notice I didn't say compliments). "Are you trying to start a baseball team?" I hardly doubt that two children qualifies one for beginning a baseball team. But we didn't care. And having two in diapers didn't seem like a major deal. Although, we didn't know any different at the time, either. And looking back, we wouldn't have had it any other way. We simply felt blessed. (And a bit overwhelmed at moments, too, but mostly blessed.)
Today is our last day of house/dog sitting and answering phones. So, unfortunately, we aren't celebrating her birthday today. Which kind of bums me out...I'm just sentimental that way. I like to celebrate the very moment that we first welcomed our children into our lives. But on Monday we will pretend like it's the 8th of January....stay tuned for updates!
No comments:
Post a Comment