Me and the dentist are tight. In my opinion he is the best dentist there is. And trust me, we've had quite the experiences with dentists. I'm a bit of a dentist connoisseur, one might say. My dentist hopping began with this little tooth that is in Jillian's hand. You see, when this ol' molar developed a liking to sugary snacks, a bit of a cavern grew in it. And in a routine appointment, a certain dentist decided to do a root canal on my then five year old (sans nitrous oxide, and without letting me know first). A tearful and traumatized child was returned to me a half an hour later with a bright, shiny silvery tooth. Momma bear was not overly pleased. I smiled, thanked the hygienist and took my business elsewhere. Our next dental experience found us at an office where they whisked my now fearful child away behind locked doors...locked doors that needed a password to get through. I was the one left traumatized after that one. I mean, seriously...if a dentist needs to have a password protected locked door...shouldn't they be treating the President of the United Sates? I smiled, thanked the hygienist and took my business elsewhere. I made several phone calls, inquired of many friends, and was led to the man to which I now bow and kiss his feet. He is so patient, has rebuilt my little girls trust, and best of all....allows parents to join their children through all their procedures. A momma's dream come true.
Jillian thinks she should earn extra money from the tooth fairy for this beautiful silver one. I told her I disagreed. For the amount of anguish this one little tooth put me through I think the tooth fairy should be paying ME. Big time.
No comments:
Post a Comment