Sunday, January 17, 2010

Buns In the Oven

My absolutely adorable, and rather robustly pregnant younger sister came to visit us today. Every time she comes, all us gals ooh and aah over her ever expanding belly. (The decided today that they were going to have "balloon bellies" to match hers!) The girls just stare in awe. And I can't say as though I don't blame them. Even though I've been through it three times, I still find the miracle of pregnancy and birth so fascinating. To know that there is another human being tucked safely inside her is just amazing to me. As her due date approaches I am finding myself getting quite excited. She has invited me into the delivery room to watch the arrival of her precious little one. It is such an honor that she is willing to share that special, sacred moment with me. I have only been to one other birth, that of my elder sister's little boy. And I cried like a baby. It truly is a miracle, this thing we call "life"...and it's far too often taken for granted...

No comments:

Post a Comment