I am home. And I couldn't be happier about it. It was a busy, crazy and fun two weeks, but Dorothy was right...."there's no place like home". And there's no place like my own bed! I slept like a rock...with zilch barking to wake me up. (I think I'm in love with my own dog...whom sleeps through the night, does his business outdoors, and barks minimally. I'll post about him another time...) Today was my cleaning frenzy day. I re-arranged the house and went right to town with the dust rag, floor mop and piles of laundry. And the girls and I set up home for the bunnies in the barn. After lots of hay and much reassuring that they'll be okay, we nestled Cocoa and Ginger into their new abode. Tonight's supposed to be a cold one. They look somewhat happy out there. At least that's what I keep telling myself.
On another note...the couple that we were house/dog sitting for offered to buy us our very own Yorkshire Terrier. To which hubs thought long and hard (approximately 30 seconds) and responded to me, "No!" I can't blame the poor guy. We are now up to 10 pets. Granted that 2 permanently reside in water, and 4 are now out in the barn. Nonetheless, there is no more room at the inn. Which is probably just as well...I really and truly wouldn't look forward to housebreaking another dog. I rather like my home urine-free. However, we are the proud new god-parents to five Yorkie's. We were asked today...I didn't even know that there was such a thing. But, alas, there is! Hubs is praying awfully hard that this couple won't pass away anytime soon...can you imagine 6 dogs, 1 cat, 2 guinea pigs, 1 fish, 1 turtle, 3 kids and 2 adults in one little house? Yikes...
No comments:
Post a Comment