...have been filled with utter and pure busyness. And that's how I like it. It gives the illusion of time going by faster. Here's a few random happenings as of late:
* Saturday morning when I ventured down to give the dogs their breakfast, I was a bit taken back by the blood smeared all over the floor. Un-announced to me, there was a canine squabble in the night...leaving the poor helpless thirteen year old springer spaniel a little worse for the wear. She didn't fare so well. Fortunately she is on the mend, on anti-biotics, and now has the whole room to her lonesome while she recovers. I even slip her an extra bone when the other ones aren't looking. Gosh, dogs can be mean to the elderly.
* I'm a bit giddy when I take a minute to go outside and assess the amount of snow that is slowly disappearing. The air seems to be warming up just a tad, and the piles of snow are loosing some height. The downside? It is revealing a whole load of lovely treasures left by many a dog in the back yard run. There's like, literally, a bazillion land mines back there. Not a safe place to walk at all.
* Hubs had the unpleasant task of freeing a squirrel from a mouse trap yesterday morning. While checking in a dog the girls stumbled upon this terrible atrocity. The poor little guy was caught with his back end in the trap, and was furiously dragging the trap around the room. It was a bit stomach turning, and I absolutely refused to touch the thing. So, Hubs in his jammies came to the rescue, gloves donned and all. (The girls wouldn't let him put the poor guy down...they insisted that freedom was more humane than death...I tend to disagree.) Once released, the dazed critter attempted to climb Hub's arm. To which he wasn't in favor of. Hubs grabbed the half-paralyzed squirrel and tossed him outdoors. Squirrely dragged his heinie away. I'm sure he'll make a great dinner for something higher up on the food chain. Hubs is pretty much amazing for running to the rescue of something so very piddly that his girlies think is a dire emergency. He was made to procreate and raise girls, I'm sure.
* "Scruffy" is my new favorite dog name. Why didn't I think of that when naming ours? It sounds so much more pet friendly than "Jack". Who knows...maybe I'll have a baby boy someday and name him "Scruffy"...just to be different.
* There are only five more days until spring. Not that it means much of anything...it really is just a number. However, it does mean that spring is close. Which means it's time to start seedlings. So now I turn to the task of planning the garden, and picking out and planting seeds. Cucumbers, tomatoes, green beans...I can just hardly wait to dig in the dirt. I think it's soon time to take a trip to Agway...
* Homeschooling tired children is rather difficult. Their little brains quickly shut down and forget entirely how to add/multiply/spell/read/think. The dogs wake us all at the crack o' dawn with their incessant pleas for breakfast, so we're all a little groggy. It's interesting the effects that lack of sleep have on a person, I tell you. I've resorted to math lessons on the comfy couch and bits and pieces of writing, rather than push too much. Lazy homeschooling...but it still works. I remind them that they'll be happy when the weather gets real nice and they're done school for the year. It's not much enticement for them now, but they'll be thankful in the end. Or so I tell myself. Either way, we're still pushing through despite the "un-normalcy" of life at present. Get 'er done is my motto lately.
All in all...life is good. Ten days down...about eight more to go. Get 'er done.
I love "Rachael definitions." They're my favorite! I think they're spot on, too! You may have a new career ahead of you!
ReplyDeleteI also laughed right out loud at your "cleanliness is next to awesomeness" comment! What a hoot! I agree, by the way!
Get home, girl! We miss you!!!
Happy spring, by the way! I hear there's snow in the forecase. Gag me......
"forecase" - the same definition of "forecast" when typed by a blonde bimbo.
ReplyDelete