Saturday, March 26, 2011

Home

There is just something so inviting, so cozy...almost sacred about home. Whether it's a mansion, mobile home, condominium, apartment or a shack in the woods. Home is just four walls of security and comfort.
We arrived back home on Thursday evening. After a whopping eighteen days of adventure. Which was fun, interesting and tiring...but an experience. Still, there's something wonderfully fabulous about coming home. There is truly no place like it.
I spent the first several hours unpacking, catching up on laundry and feverishly cleaning my house. I'm not quite sure why...but I find cleaning hugely therapeutic. (OCD? Perhaps.) My children spent hours reacquainting themselves with their bedrooms and belongings. It was a win-win situation for all. Hubs was glad to have his personal home manager back. He doesn't make a good bachelor. And we're okay with that, because I don't make a good single mother, either. We think we make an okay team together.
Life is becoming more routine again...just the way I prefer it. And just in time for spring, too. Which, by the way, is rudely late in making it's appearance. Just where is spring, anyhow?

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh, I totally agree: No place like home!! I love being out and about, visiting, painting the town red, whatever...but I LOVE to be home...my little haven....and when we're all together, that's really the best!! glad you're all safe and sound and happily together!! And...where the heck IS SPRING?! honestly, this is getting to be ridiculous!!!!

    ReplyDelete