Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Adventures in House-Sitting...Day 1

We have packed up and moved out of our home for the next two and half weeks.
A vacation, you ask? Not so much. We are in fact house sitting yet again. An interesting way to stir things up during an otherwise un-eventful, long and drawn-out, over-stayed winter. We like to shake things up every now and again. I somewhat dread it. I'm a creature of habit, of comfort and of peace and quiet...all three to which I am doing without presently. Our daily schedule, regular routines, mundane lives....all out the window. We are at friends of ours whom run a groom and board business out of their home. And while I chip ice from dog kennel runs, scoop poop, mop urine, wash slobbery dishes and toss and turn all night to the sound of barking; they are soaking up the Florida sun. Something sounds very unfair about this situation. Completely not in my comfort zone here, folks. But I digress...and try to live in the moment of the adventure.

Sunday night into Monday we stayed cozy warm inside while watching it storm horrendously outside. Here's some beautiful aftermath of the ice storm:


And then we have the not-so-pretty effects of the ice storm. I had to call the owners and let them know a tree was now planted within the roof of one of their kennel buildings.


That was one heavy tree branch.

On tomorrow's agenda: a mysterious rodent that we stumbled upon today...just what is it? Stay tuned...hopefully someone will be able to solve the mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment