And I do quite literally mean down and out. Down on the couch and completely and totally out of the contents of her stomach. Last night as Hubs and I were settling in for a restful snooze, a frantic Jillian stormed our room and proceeded to violently empty her stomach. On our bedroom floor. A few times, actually, before we had a moment to respond. Hubs doesn't fare so well in these sort of circumstances. He becomes a bit week at the knees; so he retreated, pillow in hand to the safety of the downstairs couch....leaving our bed to Jilly and myself. He prefers solidarity in times as these. I can't say as though I don't blame him.
I was just bragging to a friend how very long it has been since our family has been hit with the stomach flu. That'll teach me for opening my big mouth. This nasty flu is the fastest hitting, most violent, nastiest that I have seen in my lifetime. From 10:00 pm until 5:00 am my poor little girl was sick every half hour. Not to mention other intestinal issues that were occurring. T'was an evening not well spent. One I'm praying not to do again soon.
On the upside, I do so love having a day of complete nothing-ness except lounging on the couch with my girl, getting and giving doses of extra cuddles, and a twenty-four hour straight movie-fest. Presently we're working our way through the "Dick Van Dyke" series. Perhaps later we'll move on to "Little House on the Prairie", and as a grand finale I Red-Boxed me a copy of "Tangled", which we haven't yet seen. That part is pretty fabulous.
It's days like today that I'm reminded of just how greatful I am to be available for my kiddos.
Even if it is a day of dealing with the nasties.
No comments:
Post a Comment