Saturday, May 5, 2012

On Pins and Needles

That's how I feel these days. Waiting. Anxiously. At any given moment some random event could occur that may prolong us from our destination of home soon. Every day I'm told we're "in the home stretch" (But, just how long DOES it stretch?!). Every day they're preparing us to be homeward-bound. Car seat tests. Papers to sign. Videos to watch. (Seriously? I remember well that I'm not to "shake a baby". It's honestly not my first rodeo, folks.) And every night I go "home" (a.k.a "Ronald's House") mentally checking off one more day done. The count? Day thirty-one of my hospital stay. But who's counting, right? Oh, yah. I am.
I'm trying hard not to get too overly excited. But I have been told that potentially Tuesday is D-Day. Discharge Day. If all continues just the way it is now. That's only three days away. Three. Sounds like such a small number. And as an added bonus, BOTH boys will be able to bust outta here. Together. Chase has made great progress over the past few days. After pulling his own feeding tube out himself a grand total of seven times, the doctor decided to take it away for good yesterday. He has successfully accepted all feedings by breast or bottle, therefore the tube is no longer needed. The was the last piece of the puzzle for him. They both are now waking about every four hours ravished for food. And sometimes both waking and hungering at the same time...which I can tell already shall be interesting when we arrive home and I have no nurse along side me. I have asked several already if they would travel home with me, if even for a night or two. All have smiled slyly, and then quickly declined. I think they have a better idea of what I'm headed for than I do.
Today Chase is up to 5 lb. 10 oz., and Cody is at 6 lb. 2 oz. Grow, babies, grow!!

2 comments:

  1. This picture is adorable -- these two boys...they will be so close - oh my goodness, I love it!! I cannot believe you've been in there 31 days, you dear little thing. Home will be truly 'home sweet home' when you get there -- hopefully on Tuesday! I will pray for that for you...you must be itching something wicked to just get home and have your whole (HUGE!) family all together in one place!!! Much love, dear friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I cannot imagine your joy and happiness as you load these little boys into the car for their ride home!! Praying that Tuesday will indeed be D day for you all!! SO happy they are feeding and waking up to feed on their own! Love and Prayers, Rach!!

    ReplyDelete