Sunday, May 20, 2012

The 24-Hour Tally

Clearly I have too much time on my hands. (With three girls, two babies, homeschooling and homekeeping...is that even possible? Apparently so.) In the week that we have been home I have made a mental note of what an average 24-hour day around here consists of. And it's rather scary. In my opinion. Here goes:
  • about eighteen diapers. If we're lucky. And about fourteen of them are poopy ones. In case you were wondering. Yes, I keep records. These boys are poop machines.
  • sixteen bottles. This includes preparation, washing, drying and so on. Exclusive breastfeeding with my girls was so much simpler. However, throw an extra suckling baby into the mix and the simplified becomes far unsimplified. (If that's even a word. I'm too tired to look it up.)
  • 120 minutes of pumping breastmilk. That's a full two hours a day that I nurse that mechanical baby. Wowzers. I do think my family is growing tired of seeing my ta-ta's throughout the day. As am I.
  • approximately 48 ounces of breastmilk produced, retrieved and consumed. No wonder I'm so thirsty...
  • around 24 wipes. More or less depending on the mess. And depending on whom is changing the diaper. Enough said. :o)
  • about six hours sleep, Give or take. Depending on the night. And I'm not talking about the boys here.
  • numerous cups of coffee. How I have missed the deep, dark deliciousness. Nothing in life tastes quite as good right now. I wake up every morning with a whole new thirst for the stuff.
I have a feeling when Hubs and I will reflect back on these first few months they'll just be one big blur. I believe the term he used yesterday was "walking zombie". Indeed, love...that's what we've succumbed to. But ain't it a good life?!

1 comment:

  1. Anytime I feel like I'm tired I will think of you and remember I am nowhere near that tired!!!
    What an awesome gift those little men are though :)

    ReplyDelete