Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Back To School


School commenced once again for this household yesterday. There were a few mumblings and groanings that circulated 'round the family. Some inward and some outward. I'm not gonna lie...it was a bit painful to get back into the flow of things. The girls have had a month-long vacation simply out of our particular set or circumstances lately. I preferred them not to go on without me while I was away; knowing they have the tendency to rush through and not take the information they are to be learning in fully. And at the time they clearly had no objections to this arrangement. However, it would appear that within that month of sabbatical they have somehow forgotten all that was taught up until that point. Okay, well, not completely. Perhaps it just seems that way. But I did have an inkling that getting back into the flow would be a little rugged. Not to mention we now have two little fellas who refuse to patiently sit by and wait for their meals and a little attention. They have an utter lack of appreciation for tedious math skills and lessons on minerals and the country of Mexico. They're more focused on things such as bottles and filling their britches. Their day for learning will come soon enough, though. For the most part the boys dozed off happily while my pupils worked through their assignments.
Yes, school takes a bit longer than usual these days...as expected. But still. We get 'er done.

2 comments:

  1. you're amazing. you have brand new twins and you're homeschooling - you completely impress me...how are those darlin' boys doing? how are your girlies adjusting to the new additions? i hope you're doing good and feeling well and able to rest....some, anyways...love ya, girly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael...I admire your dedication to your family. A Proverbs 31 woman....

    ReplyDelete