Those of you whom know me understand that it's the simple things that make my day. It's true. And I guess that makes me...well..."simple". I'm okay with that. Life has too many complications as it is.
My simple treasure of the day was found in a dirty, stinky ol' chicken coop. And it did, in fact, make my day. Just look at this beauty.
The egg resting on the left of my hand is an average-sized one laid by one of our chickies. The beastly one to the right is my gem of the day. Ain't she a brute? I know not which hen laid that monstrosity, but my condolences go out to her. I wince just glancing at it. Poor girl. And upon further inspection, while making banana bread with her ginormous gift, the girls and I were simply delighted to discover this:
Our first ever double-yolker. I've heard tell of such craziness, but never experienced it. Even the hens around here are producing twins. Surely there's something in our water. Anyone care to come have a sip?
In honor of this find, I doubled my banana bread recipe. It was just the right thing to do.
And, in case I hadn't posted quite enough pictures yet, here's another one. My very own "double-yolker". Except they're way too cute to eat.
PRECIOUS!!! Very cool to get a double yolk-er for sure!! One time I had gotten the extra large eggs and I had...4 double yolk-ers!! I was beyond shocked!!
ReplyDelete