Monday, February 7, 2011

The Superbowl Five

Our church hosted a community showing of the Superbowl at our local theatre last night. It was actually quite fun. Food, friends and family...oh, and football, too. Not that I cared much about that, but it was kinda the reason we were gathered. I still have no clue who won or why they both were wearing the same color pants...that was rather confusing. But it's all good. I was primarily there for the food, anyhow.
And so, without further ado, I will now list my top five things that I learned while attending our Superbowl party. In no particular order.
  1. Pepsi Max has double the caffeine. I wasn't aware. While choosing a beverage to accompany my children's meal I intentionally searched for one without sugar. Hoping that they wouldn't get a lovely sugar high prior to bedtime. The only sugar free option was Pepsi Max. I was just happy to find a sugar free one, and so I popped the top and let 'em at it. Only to learn a half an hour later (after complete consumption) why the "Max" is on the label. Duh. Maximum caffeine, perhaps? After a few laps around the building, the kids were good to go. And go. And go. Let's just say it would have been better for them to have the sugar filled soda pop. Lesson learned.
  2. My girls were quite entertained by the Black Eyed Peas performance. They were bedazzled by their blinking attire. As was I. Just where do they hide those batteries? And they thought the boxed-headed dancers were rather bizarre. I informed them it was unsafe to bounce around the living room with a box on their head...in case they got any ideas. I was just glad there were no wardrobe malfunctions this year. That would have been rather hard to hide on the ginormous screen that we were watching.
  3. My kids can, in fact, stay up until 10:30 at night...and still survive the next day. Keep in mind these are kids whom are tucked in every night at 7:30pm...quite religiously. Hubs and I, however, have apparently passed our prime. I'm fairly certain we coped far more terribly with fatigue than they did today. We were trying to scheme and plan a way to put the girls to bed directly after dinner so we could crawl in ours as well. So far we've come up with nothing. They're just too smart. They're on to us.
  4. Leftover Superbowl food is pretty much awesome. My girls had pizza for dinner last night, pizza for lunch today, and pizza for dinner again. Although I did fiber it up with some tossed salad tonight out of slight fear I'd have to pull the Milk of Magnesia from the medicine cupboard. Does that make me a terrible mom?
  5. I've decided that we should have a Superbowl Sunday every Sunday night. Except we don't have to do the whole football thing. Just food, friends and family. Pizza, chips, subs, buffalo wings...We could call it the "Foodbowl". Am I the only one who thinks up these brilliant ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Something about a Superbowl party...we were snowed in this year, so just 'partied' it up, the two of us...still a good time. And, yes - kids seem to be a whole lot more adaptable than adults...one night out of schedule will not kill them...Jonah was up 'til 11:00 one night a couple weeks ago...little rascal....having a great time, he was, too, that's for sure!! Glad you had a fun weekend!! You and Amy (my faithful bloggers) weren't your usual punctual selves on the blogging front this weekend...so, FINALLY we get an update from you both...don't do that again!! hahahah ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I'll try to do better with punctuality, Kristi! :-) Gosh, must have been a terrible weekend with nothing new to read!!!! Lol....

    ReplyDelete