Friday, February 25, 2011

Farewell to the Sippy

I decided today was the day. They've been lurking deep within my kitchen cupboards for quite some time now. And they rarely ever get used. Oh, who am I kidding...they never get used. Which makes sense, seeing how my youngest child is almost seven years old now. I think I may have been in denial for a long time...probably as long as they've been collecting dust. Using every excuse known to man as to why I should hang on to them just a bit longer. But today I put on my big girl panties (figuratively speaking, of course) and decided to face the facts.



They just aren't needed any more. These sip cups sure have been around the block. They bare the marks of many years' use. Teeth imprints galore, leak-valves missing, even painting worn off. They were long over-due for retirement from this household. I figure seven years is a good, long time to hang onto something. Perhaps they'll move on to a better life now.

And as for me? I didn't even shed one tiny little tear. Progress. It's bittersweet.

2 comments:

  1. awwww...must be sad getting rid of baby things...i haven't done it yet, 'cause I am still hopeful there will be MORE babies, but...i dread the day I have to purge...good girl, Rachael -- you're growing up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Oh, I'll be forever hopeful of more babies...but that doesn't mean I'll still hang onto ten year old sip cups! :-) miss you, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete