My Dearest Amy,
I absolutely adore you and your little boys. I really, really, really, really, really, really, really kinda hope that one day at least one of my girls will marry one of them. I'd be super-stoked if it were all three, but I'd settle for even one. Your Kaden leaves me feeling all sentimental. He is such a tender hearted little boy. With an occasional mischievous grin every now and again. Your Jesse leaves me in stitches. I've never seen a three year old talk quite so much. He may have to marry Lexi...he'd make up for all the things she doesn't say. Your Ransom is so very content and yummy. My girls think that he sleeps a lot. I'd like to have another baby if I could have one just like that. His talent, though, is definitely in his speed crawl. I'm pretty sure he could try out for the Olympics if they had a category for that. He'd probably win. Have I mentioned that I just love you? Thanks for travelling to visit us...the girls are wondering when we can come make a cat-walk in your living room...maybe we'll bring the game "Pretty, Pretty Princess" and teach you guys how to play.
-Rachael
Friday, February 11, 2011
Play Date
I enjoyed some much needed girl time yesterday. It doesn't happen often. The last time I had girl time was with my sisters prior to Christmas. So I was desperately in want.
My good friend Amy and her tribe of three little, adorable boys ventured to our neck of the woods. It was quite fabulous. Although, I fear we may have introduced their boys to a whole other side of play. The girls created a cat-walk in the living room and proceeded to show the boys how to host a Build a Bear fashion show. They each took a turn strutting down the beach-towel lined walk, Build a Bear in each hand. Kaden was a bit reluctant, however Jesse was absolutely beaming. I think the whole thing was just simply confusing to them both. Hopefully we didn't start something new for them to play at home. Their daddy would be less than impressed.
I'm always amazed at how well my girls play with boys. Perhaps because opposite genders are far less intimidating, less threatening. Less....female. Who knows...but either way, they love it. And I think it's great. I adored watching all their different personalities as we sat around the boisterous dining room table for lunch. Each quite similar, yet so very unique as well. I believe I may have heard wedding bells in the far off distance, but it may have just been an ambulance in town. I not-so-secretly really hope to tie these two families together by wedded bliss someday. Because they are some pretty awesome boys...and we rather like their parents, too.
We enjoyed making pizzas for lunch, and feasting on cotton candy for desert. Which was a fabulous sticky mess. The girls and I were taught the ever so famous game of "Farkle"..which I will be buying in the future. Just because I love to say the name. It's rapidly becoming my second-favorite word. It falls right behind "flapdoodle". In case you were wondering. And while the kids were happily playing outdoors I soaked up all the girl talk I could. And yet somehow it's never, ever enough. I forget how much I crave the sisterhood of us women folk. Life is filled with so much "have to's" and "need to's" that I forget the "like to's". I must slow down and go out of my way more to plan these play dates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pretty pretty princess. Oh my word. Hilarious. I JUST posted a little poem ditty about our playdate yesterday over on my site! TOO much fun yesterday. Seriously. My boys little loved tanks were FILLED to overflowing. As was mine. Love you LOVE you. Thank you so much for a really nice day. Next week is out for me, but maybe the week after???? (Kaden was seriously in major tears on the way home. Jesse was snoring. loudly......)
ReplyDeleteSoooo happy that you two got some girl time together! You really should set a date at least once a month to see each other! After all, some of us are hours and hours away from you wonderful ladies, and would almost die to get a chance to have a playdate with you both and your gorgeous kids! (although, I have to say, I only know what Rach's girls' faces look like...I've only seen the back of your boys' heads', Ame..;), but they certainly are scrumtious for backs of heads! ;) I joke, I am sooo funny! REmember?? Be warned, both of you, if I am EVER in your neck of the woods, I
ReplyDeleteWILL be popping by, for possibly longer than just a few hours and there will be LOTS of girl talk, coffee drinking, and laughing until we pee. There. You've been warned. ;)