The girls attempted a new sport today. We call it "belly-boarding". Kind of a variation of sledding and snow-boarding. Except with no sled, and no snow board...nothin' but belly. The sun was so nice and warm, and the top layer of the snow was just crusty enough. Perfect conditions for a good belly-boarding kind of day. Don't they look like penguins?
In other news...more drama from the mini-farm at home. Another event which could be filed under "Another Almost Tragic Day"; part Five (Or is it six? Possibly seven? I've lost count.) Since we've been house/dog sitting we've been making daily trips back home to check on the animals. Hubs called me this afternoon with disturbing, yet okay in the end kind of news. Apparently either last night or during the day today a big bunny heist occurred. They broke free. Went AWOL. MIA. Hubs thinks they had spring fevah, which ignited a surge of adrenaline, which then caused them to push through a crack and thereby opening the top of their cage...which then granted them their freedom. Being on their own must have instilled a little fear into them, for when Hubs searched outside the barn, they happily hopped to his feet to be taken back to their dwelling. Turns out freedom doesn't have the same benefits as being human owned. (Like a warm shelter, food and water on demand, and carrots on occasion.) The girls and I got a good chuckle at the run away bunnies...that is, after we heard they were back safe and sound in their hutch. Naughty little bunnies.
In other randomness, my precious children informed me today at lunch (whilst I was bending over to reach something) that I have a "large bum". Of course, I take it all with a grain of salt because children often say random, yet often true things. (Ouch) I proudly told them it was good to have a big bum, because it hurts less when you fall on it. Which, of course, made them all laugh and my five year old cleverly responded, "The bigger, the better!" Which, of course, made me laugh. And then I remembered how my ten year old was eager to tell me this morning (as I stepped out of the shower) how the skin around my belly folds when I picked my leg up to dry off. Awesome. Should I have a complex? 'Cause I think I'm starting to. I can't wait until they're in their thirties and birthed several children. Pay day will come 'round. Full circle, baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment