Today we explored more of the land where we're staying. The backyard is nothing but lush woods. God's beautiful creation at it's best. We took the kids on snowmobiles down a path through the woods until we came upon the most beautiful pine grove I've ever seen. It was so peaceful. So serene. With the snowmobiles turned off we stood and just listened to nature's music. There was not a sound other than the wind blowing the lanky pine trees high above us. It truly resembled some sort of movie background. There was nothing imperfect about it. Fortunately I had my camera with me and snapped a few photos.


It didn't occur to me until I was loading them on my computer the symbolism that I captured in just two pictures. One picture was taken upon entering the pine grove, the other was when we were leaving. Upon entering, the grove looked dark and uninviting. We weren't really sure what was through to the other side. And yet, when we were in the grove, and turned around to look behind us, it was incredibly bright and inviting. Same pine grove, different perspectives.
I think about this first picture...the uninviting entrance. And it occurs to me that there are paths in life like that. We fear the unknown, uncharted territories. We often don't see change as an adventure, but an annoyance, a disturbance...a risk. So we often don't walk down that path. All because of fear. Fear of the unknown. Fear of change. Fear of not being in control. It grips. We choose. There have been times like that it my life. I've chosen to remain unmovable. The change in course just looked too dark and uninviting from where I was looking. And life still moved on around me. But I can't help but ponder....how many blessings did I miss because of my lack of different perspective...my lack of faith? If I could have seen things from a different view, would I have made a different choice?
But then there are times in my life where I've had a change in perspective. I've had a glimpse of what may be on the other side. To let go of my fear, and view things in a positive light, rather than assuming darkness. To welcome the possibilities. Not always knowing the outcome, but trusting the One who was guiding. Complete release. And the view in the end was well worth it. Even if there were a few bumps along the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment