Saturday, March 20, 2010

Giddy-Up!

It appears as though I have taken an unintentional blog sabbatical. Well....I am back! With spring being sprung upon us rather quickly this year, I am left with an overwhelming desire to be out, doing all things outdoorsy, rather than be inside typing random nothings on my blog. We have not seen a speck of rain for a few weeks now (fingers tightly crossed; knock on wood; and all that other strange superstitious stuff). So, this is the first spring that I can recall that the ground is dry, and we are without winter coats in March. (I have packed them away, in wishful thinking that we might not need them again for 8 more months....again, fingers tightly crossed.) I have fired up the grill, raked up some leaves, cleaned up the garden, hosted a few picnics, and assured the girls that indeed, it is still too early to set the pool up. All in all, we have pretty much lived outside, short of sleeping there.

Now, onto newer current events.

I would like to introduce to you "Evelyn". She is the newest member of the elite group of stuffed animals that get lugged around everywhere with us. And I do mean everywhere. The greatest thing about her? She's a hands-free sort of gal. She velcros neatly around little Lexy's waist.


Evelyn is Lexy's new beloved plush. She was purchased at the local "Junktique" sale for a whopping 50 cents. Pricey, eh? (Is it just me, or does "Junktique" just SCREAM "redneck"?)

Evelyn has ventured to Walmart, the grocery store, the nursing home (which caused a bit of confusion in the alzheimer's wing), the hospital, Big Lots, the clothing store, thrift store, and the movie store. Evelyn gets lots of smiles wherever she goes. And an occasional compliment or two, as well. Hubs even wore her and did a little giddy-up as we were leaving Walmart. To which Kaytlin turned a shade of red and denounced us as her parents. But, in his defense, who can resist? Evelyn is just too much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment