Attempting to keep the girls busy (and quite possibly out of my hair), we suited them up and shipped them off out back into the woods on a "deer hunt". No weaponry, though, just a big blue bucket to collect any treasures that the woods might be hiding. And a treasure indeed they found! After chasing all the deer away and searching the ground, they stumbled upon a shed antler. (And, lots of deer poop, I was informed...) Kaytlin ran it in to me (the antler, that is...), eyes lit up like Christmas morn. Jilly still stumbled around outside for a bit longer, desperate to find herself one as well...to no avail. That just completely made their day. Now I wonder...do they ever mount just one antler? It would look ever so lovely above our television...or maybe a coat rack...no, no, a necklace hanger...mug holder...ooh, the possibilities are endless....does that make us rednecks?
And while the two older girls were out on their big backyard adventure, this is the big indoor adventure that Lexy was on... (she and I tend to think more alike)
Deer antlers plus tiptoe naps equals one fabulous day.
No comments:
Post a Comment