Spring fevah - (noun) a term used to describe that insurmountable feeling of need or desire to be outside in fresh air doing out-doorsy things.
Make sense? Sure does to me. I, without a doubt, have spring fevah. Lately I am finding myself wandering around my house aimlessly. Not that I don't have a ton of things to do....I just don't want to do them. (I think Webster's technically defines that as "lazy".) The sticky floors beckon by adhering to my socks, fingerprinted windows cry because they cannot see, dust bunnies that drift about uncontrollably, a strange aroma wafting from my fridge, and a small community of crumbs migrating under my stove. It's like a miniature orchestra of dirt, dust and debris crying out in horror at my neglect. Yet I keep turning a deaf ear. It's just not what I WANT to do. What I DO want to do is dig in the dirt, grab a hammer and create some critter cages for their outdoor summer cottages, and watch the kidlets ride their bikes around town.
This happens every year about this time. The temperatures warm up, things begin to defrost and I pace the floors. Waiting. Hoping. Praying. For a few really warm days (I mean the "coat free" type.) and dry ground. I wouldn't have lasted two days on Noah's ark. He would have made me walk the plank for sure.
For now, I continue to pace, and take trips outside, surveying and pondering and planning. Because I know that it won't be long until my spring fevah is remedied. I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment