The girls decided that the wait was well worth it. While they held her, and "oohed" and "awed" over her (like all little girls do over babies...and some of us "big girls", too), we all were in agreement...Makenzie truly is oh, soooo yummy. We haven't had a baby in our house in 5 years now. (I mean a real one...not just someone acting like a baby.) So, after some review lessons in how to hold a baby, we each took a turn cuddling her. I loved watching my littlest girl hold her. She has, in the past, refused to hold any babies whatsoever. I could never figure out if she was just nervous about it, or if there was an unspoken envy of the attention the new baby always has. Either way, today was different. She wanted to hold the baby. As I held Lexy on my lap, she held Makenzie on top of hers. My baby holding a baby. My oldest daughter snapped a picture of this awkward process, and as I looked at it later, it held such significance to me. Just a small glimpse of the future...of the thought that someday, Lord willing, they'll be holding their own babies. 
I tend to be an extremely sentimental kind of gal. Everything has significance to me. When I was younger, I was labeled "over-sensitive". Now days I like to think of it as "living in each moment". Cherishing the frailty of life. Seeing the bigger picture. Today was another one of those moments. I couldn't help but look into little Makenzie's eyes. And melt. And wonder. Who are you going to be? What impact will you make on this earth? What great, big plans does God have in store for you? I don't believe for one moment that any baby is conceived by accident. That any child has no purpose or plan. To think that we are all put on this earth for a specific reason...at a specific time...for a specific duration. Simply unfathomable. And yet, I have no doubt. God chose this little girl to enter the world, whole and healthy. He hand picked her mother and father. As her life slowly unfolds, so will God's will for her. And I can't help but ponder the possibilities...
I tend to be an extremely sentimental kind of gal. Everything has significance to me. When I was younger, I was labeled "over-sensitive". Now days I like to think of it as "living in each moment". Cherishing the frailty of life. Seeing the bigger picture. Today was another one of those moments. I couldn't help but look into little Makenzie's eyes. And melt. And wonder. Who are you going to be? What impact will you make on this earth? What great, big plans does God have in store for you? I don't believe for one moment that any baby is conceived by accident. That any child has no purpose or plan. To think that we are all put on this earth for a specific reason...at a specific time...for a specific duration. Simply unfathomable. And yet, I have no doubt. God chose this little girl to enter the world, whole and healthy. He hand picked her mother and father. As her life slowly unfolds, so will God's will for her. And I can't help but ponder the possibilities...
"Just who, Makenzie, are you going to be?"
For now, she'll be the only thing she can be....just oh, so yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment