Which brings me to my original intent of this post. My daughters often, in more ways than one, display similar characteristics of my sister and I. My firstborn is mindful of her appearance. She's careful not to have any "bumps" (in her words) in her pony tailed hair, despises pants that are even 2 millimeters too short, and lifts her nose to shirts that are inscribed with the words "Princess" or "Baby Girl". (Can't say that I don't blame her on that last one....even I think that's tacky. Especially when easily read on one's backside. Gag.) However, my second born is her polar opposite. She's a gal that's all about comfort, even if it means sacrificing style. She is the child that you often see in the grocery store with the uncombed hair, bright red shirt, hot pink pants (which will be hiked clear up to her neck on occasion), black cowgirl boots...along with a great big smile on her face. Yes, she knows who she is, and doesn't care what other people think of it. I tend to find this personality much easier to handle. Less battles. But, I must confess, I think an intervention may be in her future.
Exhibit A: (A little something I like to call "Mismatching on the Fourth of July")
Exhibit B: (I like to call a "Camping Catastrophe". Sure, we were camping....but still....)
And last..but certainly not the least...I give to you Exhibit C: (This one's titled "Apple Pickin' Pink Passion." An improvement for sure...at least the colors match.)
Have I ever mentioned how much I absolutely love this girl's carefree personality? I really do. But I think it just may be time to introduce her to the wonderful world of color combinations and pattern matching. Gentle guidance, I call it.
No comments:
Post a Comment