As of lately, I have had this immense feeling to bake and cook everything that is in my cupboards and freezer. I have absolutely no idea why. Maybe it's just the "winter blahs". Either way, my bread box and freezer is all the more happier for it. From casserole dishes to fresh baked bread, I've done it all. Lasagna, stuffed shells, chili, spaghetti sauce, soups, chocolate cake, dinner rolls, cinnamon swirl bread. (If I forget to tell you, Darla, thanks for that overly yummy recipe...it is sooooo good! And makes great french toast, as well!) And all the while practiced restraint from eating everything. But all good cooks do have to sample at least a little of what they're making. (No doubt my hips will thank me in due time for all my efforts lately...)
I think what may have inspired my cooking/baking fetish is my sister's new found occupation as a mother. You see, once she brought her bundle of delight home, a brilliant idea implanted in my brain. (You should be impressed...that doesn't happen often.) I remember how challenging it was to keep up with feeding my first newborn, let alone myself and my husband. I well remember the endless days of caring for a new baby: feed, rock, swaddle, change...have a good cry. Lather, rinse and repeat. All the days just run into each other in the beginning, and even trying to figure out what to make for supper can threaten to bring on a crying jag. So, in a frenzied feeling of needing to help her out, I began baking meals and freezing them for her and her hubs. I just hope she has enough room in her freezer for it all...'cause I sure am running low in mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment