Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How To Cook a Rabbit...

I know a lot of my blogging events begin with the phrase, "This morning I was awoken to...". Most of my life events seem to happen upon my waking. Hmm...maybe I sleep too much? Either way, here goes again...

This morning I was awoken to....

sounds of commotion. Now, most mornings include sounds of commotion...but these had a whole different feel to it. I sensed a disturbance in the force. With hubs heading out the door for work I had a feeling I had better get up and investigate. I lingered in bed a few minutes more (after all, no one was crying, and nothing was on fire....yet). When I finally did, I was greeted by three bouncing, wide awake children, all eager to tell me "the tale". To which I waved one finger at them. (All mom's know that in mom language that's code for: "stop talking. My feet just hit the floor and I haven't had my cup of coffee.") But they simply wouldn't be stopped. Their faces told me they had something rather ginormous to tell me. And judging from the strange aroma, I figured I'd better let them. Of course, the first born was the one to fill me in. (Somehow they demand that their birth order gives them exclusive rights to sharing loudly all necessary information before their younger, seemingly quieter siblings do.) "Mom...okay...here's what happened. Cocoa [the bunny] got a hold of one of the electrical cords near their cage and chewed through it.."(big smile on face...laughter in eyes) "...there was a spark.." (hands lifted, fingers spread wide for emphasis) "...and Cocoa fried his whiskers!" (All three laughing hysterically at this point...wouldn't be nearly as funny if poor Cocoa had turned into one giant Cocoa Puff...) And as I went to inspect the damage, sure enough, Cocoa is in tact, with fried whiskers and all. Fortunately, the extension cord took the brunt of the trauma. Cocoa's face now looks like a perm gone bad. (And he seemed especially energetic this morning...guess a little 115 volt jolt does a bunny good...who knew?)







Hope he learned his lesson, naughty little bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment