I think at some point in the night I may have joined the ranks in being one of the thousands of parents at home with their sick children, waiting to see if they sprout a tail. Yup...swine flu just may be visiting our home. Our youngest spiked a high fever last night, completely out of no where, and with no warning. Fortunately, it hasn't got her down and out yet. She is most confused, though, as to why she feels hot one minute and cold the next. I pulled her into my bed with me last night, and had my own personal furnace to snuggle with all night! (Bless my husband's soul for being willing to sleep on the spare bed....three is definitely a crowd in a queen sized bed with one who sprawls as she does) And today...no oinking. Just mostly a barking cough that sounds more like a seal than a pig. So, we shall see how the next few days unfold. As for me, my time will be spent doling out vitamins and fever reducers, snuggling on the couch, and micro-managing school from there. I don't mind too much when things like this make me slow down...it gives me more appreciation for the good things in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment