Saturday, November 21, 2009

Seasonal Songs and Turkey Talk

Alas, it is "the holiday season" once again! With Thanksgiving less than a week away, I am finding myself getting my gobbly groove on. I'm working on my turkey day menu list, activities and crafts for the kiddos. I love to start traditions with my kids. Our Thanksgiving traditions include a craft, a thanksgiving tree (in which we all write down things that we are thankful for on "leaves" and paste them onto the tree), games, constructing a gingerbread house, and of course lots of yummy food and snacks!
My girls get more and more into it every year, too. Just a few days ago they decided to bake sugar cookies....and listen to a Christmas cd while doing so. Now we're all humming and singing Christmas songs. (My favorites are the ones that they don't know all the words to, so they make up their own...we have quite the interesting song lyrics around here...) The girls are thinking, dreaming, writing and wishing about their Christmas presents. Ah, the joys of being a child!

No comments:

Post a Comment