Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Thirty-Four

(Hubs forced me to post this fabulous pic of me. As retaliation for the picture I posted of him on his birthday, I'm sure. But gosh...ain't I a looker?!! He's so stinkin' lucky...)


I turned thirty-four today. That used to sound so very old to me when I was a teenager. News flash...it no longer does. (Surprise, surprise.)

Birthday celebrations were a two day event this year. Tuesday was our family celebration, with Hubs taking a half-day from work. I was awoken to a lovely breakfast in bed from my girls. Eggs, sausage, hashbrown, juice and flowers. Well, they were really weeds. But they were pretty weeds. In the early afternoon I was surprised with a visit from my little sister and her family. Apparently orchestrated by Hubs. He fed us lunch, gave me money and sent us sisters off for a girls day shopping trip....while the men watched the kiddos. (Actually they paid Kaytlin to watch the baby...but shhh...don't tell my sister.) I think Hubs totally lucked out this birthday, 'cause he had my little sis make the cake and take me shopping for the day. Two things he's not so fond of. But I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Today my father took me out. It was rather cute...a father-daughter date. He arrived with chocolates and card in hand. Took me to lunch, clothing shopping and a cup of coffee to follow. I do believe it was the first time in a long time (quite possibly ever) that it was just he and I. We had good laughs, and good conversation. And it was a wonderful example for Hubs in the years to come. He may have to carry on that little tradition with our girls. Daddy-daughter birthday dates.

Usually birthdays are just another day for me. This year was different. This year was special. Near and dear to my heart, actually. Oh, and as an added bonus, God formed a rainbow after a thunderstorm. Directly over our happy little home. Just for me. I'm pretty sure.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, happy belated birthday Rach! So happy to hear you had such a wonderful day! That's awesome that your dad took you out...may have to suggest that one for rob and my girls. and, LOVE the picture! so you! :) happy to see you are just as fun and crazy as ever! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete