At camp one night Hubs and I were sitting on the dock watching the moon rise and discussing life and all issues pertaining. Off to our left we heard a ripple in the water. Then two. Upon further investigation we discovered fish leaping in the air, catching their midnight snacks. We grabbed some poles. Within the first few casts Hubs caught a nice foot long yellow perch. And thus the addiction begun. The next several nights he continued to catch fish after fish...while the rest of us tried, but all that was captured was an over-grown minnow; caught by yours truly. After all the nice sized ones Hubs had, I was terribly disappointed. The laughing stock of the family for days. Even Kaytlin ended up catching some nice ones.
Then we returned home. Vacation is over...however, fishing season is not. Almost every day since, Hubs and daughters are determined to bring home some fish. They venture around ponds, lakes, brooks, streams. Wherever fish may reside. Any fish, they're not discriminatory. They've tried lures with bobbers, lures without bobbers, live bait, fake bait, even a stick with fishing line and a lure tied to it (we didn't have enough poles for the littlest one). So far...nothing. Well, nothing edible, anyhow. I often tow along on their adventures...just so they don't forget who I am. (I'm rapidly becoming a fisherman's widow, you know.) I bring my camera along because fishing does lend to some good photo opportunities. And I need to be present to document an actual "great catch". I'm not gonna lie...we're all kind of enjoying this new found hobby. But someone better catch me a cook-able fish real soon for all this time consuming work.
No comments:
Post a Comment