Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Festivus!




Well, that "most wonderful time of the year" has once again arrived. I'm finding my "free time" to be few and far in between. It seems like Christmas sneaks up on me quickly every year. So, I am trying to accomplish my present making, buying and baking in the next few weeks. I declared yesterday decorate day, and we pulled out all the Christmas ornaments and decorations. We blared the Christmas music (I'm ashamed to admit that my girls now know all the lyrics to "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer"....sad.....), picked out our tree (thank you very much, Agway), rearranged the house to fit the tree, and trimmed it up! Whoever called it "trimming"??? You aren't supposed to actually cut anything, are you?


Anyway, we had lots of fun. I have my own set of ornaments for our "big" tree, and the girls set up their own little trees in their bedrooms, and decorate it however they see fit. They love falling asleep to the glow of Christmas lights in their bedrooms. Jillian has informed me that she keeps trying to dream about Christmas...but it just hasn't happened yet. Oh well...I guess the sugar plum fairy will have to help her on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment