Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Christmas Before Christmas

We celebrated one of our (what seems like many) Christmas' on Tuesday night. And, as you can see from the picture, one of the girl's favorite gifts was make-up. Oh joy unspeakable. After the presents were opened, they immediately sat up to the kitchen table and instantly hosted a mini-Mary Kay party. And when they were done, they were definitely a couple of painted ladies. Now, to me little girls and purple eye shadow just aren't a match made in heaven. But they did thoroughly enjoy themselves. And they knew even before I told them that it was an at-home play sort of thing. So, every day since then I am asked the same question...numerous times. "Can I put some make-up on?" And I smile to myself because I know that this is only the beginning.
P.S. I have discovered my girls' secret plan. On Jillian's wall beside her bed is a note taped up..."Wake us up at 5:00 in the morning on Christmas. From Kaytlin." Ha! I informed them that Santa usually comes around 6:15am, and that they'd better not get out of bed until 6:30 in the morning...just to be sure to give him time to munch on a few cookies before he has to leave. I'll be sure to let you know if I've outsmarted them or not....

No comments:

Post a Comment