Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry CHRISTmas!!


Ahhh...the exhausted kiddos are tucked into their beds. Not a creature is stirring, not even a mouse. And I in my kerchief, and ma in her cap...oh, wait...that's the story we read to the girls last night. Never mind...

Today was a wonderful day of celebration, giving and fun. The Christmas story was read this morning, we had a time of prayer and moments all throughout the day of thankfulness. Even our five year old, when praying at lunch time was overheard saying, "and thank you that it's your birthday and that we can have presents..." So sweet. It's days like this that solidify the word "family". Thankful, contented children...wonderful family traditions...memories made. I do so enjoy my little family of 5...and the moments we're allowed here on earth. I have no idea what the future holds...but right now I will rest in these moments of thankfulness. I am going to bed tonight one very tired momma, but one that is happy, joyful, content....and thankful.


(p.s. The picture above is an expression of what Christmas is to us. Every year we hang that nail on a low branch of our tree...to help us not forget that the baby boy who was born so long ago came to die as a man on a tree so that we can be free, forgiven and forever changed...)

No comments:

Post a Comment