Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I'm Bringin' Home the Bacon!

Okay....technically. I have myself a full-time, temporary job for the next two weeks. (I know that makes very little sense.) A couple we know runs a business from their home, and they are taking two weeks off to go on vacation. And who gets to answer phones, pay bills, house sit and care for their five Yorkshire Terrier dogs? Yup, yours truly! And the best part? I can bring my kids to "work" with me! I really do have the best of both worlds right now, don't I? Not that I would necessarily want this for my everyday life...it gets confusing packing up and unpacking for the day! But for now it is a nice change of pace and schedule for us. As part of our daily chores there, we get to feed the deer that gather in the woods of this home. We were amazed the first morning...we unloaded the 40 pound bag of deer feed by the woods and stood back and waited. We quietly watched as deer seemed to magically appear from the woods everywhere. And before we knew it, we were counting up to 15...a couple of bucks, several doe, and many fawns...it truly was something wonderful to see. They were all mindful of our presence, but didn't seem to care too much. We just stood and pointed as more and more appeared. So cool. And the deer all seem to take shifts at snacking, because all day long, every day, there are several munching off the ground. Now tell me that I don't have the best "job" EVER!!!!
Here's some of our pictures from today....

This last picture is one of the bucks we see every day...we've named him "Elliot". (You'd have to see "Open Season" to really appreciate that one...)

No comments:

Post a Comment