Monday, December 21, 2009

Baking my Buns Off...

And that's pretty much what I did today. (I just wish more of my buns would "bake off"...sorry, a little "big bottomed" humor there....) We made all of our regular Christmas goodie bags for friends and family, and the girls helped by frosting cookies and, of course, taste testing. Here's a sample of some of our favorite goodies (which include Rolo turtles, graham snacks and Muddy Buddies)
Here's many little hands at work: (And, yes, I did have sprinkles from one end of the house to the other)

Once we were done, I winterized the kids and sent them out the door to deliver the neighborhood packages. They looked so cute, trompsing around the block...they walked like they owned the road! I watched them from window to window as they made their rounds. Kaytlin carried her little basket full of goodies in one hand, and held Lexy's hand with the other. And Jillian dawdled behind. They informed me that they had to apologize to Mrs. Bush for tracking in mud through her house. It cracks me up that they would even notice something like that...and that they would think to apologize. I can easily think of a hundred things we're doing wrong in our child rearing...but it was a nice reminder that maybe, just possibly we did something right! Here's them gallivanting through the neighborhood:

P.S. My spell check informs me that "trompsing" really isn't a word. Really? It suggested that I use "tramping"....hmmm....no, no....I don't think that was the word I was looking for. I think I'll stick to "trompsing"...even if it is my own made up word. (It is, after all, the rest of the world that is wrong...they just need to learn to speak my language...)

No comments:

Post a Comment