For the last hurrah of the summer, we chose to drive about nine hours and one country away in The Burb with our family of seven to visit Hub's family. Many thought it was a bit insane to drive so far away for just a few days with two wee ones, but I say the trip was well worth it. We packed up, crossed the border and blended with our Canadian family for the week. Six adults and seven children under one roof. The cousins played, the babies were well-cuddled and this momma was thankful for the extra hands, warm hospitality and yummy foods. My sis-in-law...she's a fabulous woman. From the moment we all took off our shoes and our hurricane of a family hit her door to the moment we all left again...she welcomed every bit of us. Our dirty laundry, squawking babies, billions of towels used, baby paraphernalia to trip over, never ending appetites and all. In another life I'm sure we would have made beautiful sister-wives. Without the husband-sharing and such. If I didn't tell you already, Darla...I adore you. Evey bit of you. Especially your bread. You got some mad bread-making skills. I'm rationing the loaves you sent home with us to make them last longer. When the one in the freezer gets all eaten up, it's time for you to come visit me.
That particular week of our vacation was filled with...
Snuggling with Nanny & Grampy. Nothing beats a good snuggle with grandparents.
Trampoline jumping with cousins.
It really was a great week for all. We look forward to visiting with family again...soon. This fall, right Darla? :o)
Aww, Rachael, you are too kind. It was a genuine pleasure to have you guys this summer,I only wish it could have lasted longer. We think end October just might work after all, if you still want us! We'll be in touch...love to all,
ReplyDeletedarla