Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Momma's Life

Life lately has been busy. Sometimes I find it easy to get caught up in the "littles" of daily living; forgetting the bigger picture of what it's truly all about. Some days my feet hit the floor at 6:00 AM, and never get a chance to rest until the very last hoolie is sleeping soundly at night. And when my head hits the pillow and my eyes close I sleep deep. Not that I'm complaining...I do so love being a mom and a wife. But I find that the little things distract my attention continuously. Such as...
 

The never ending pile of laundry. It's true...it does in fact breed at night while no one's watching.

 Lesson plans. Grading. Correcting. Instructing. Always, always teaching. And always learning. Both them and I.
 Fall decor that begs to be displayed yet another season. Last year it all stayed hidden deep within its boxes. This momma was knee deep in morning sickness to care less.
 Bottles to wash. Always bottles to wash. Morning, noon and night.
 Milk to be pumped, measured, poured and stored. Producing enough for two is a task in and of itself.
But then I gaze into these baby blues and can't help but melt. And remember what truly is important. All the other "stuff"..it's just stuff. It will all get done eventually. And if it doesn't; that's okay too. It will all wait for me. For now I just wanna enjoy the brief moments of sweet baby bliss that's nestled deep within that mountain of chaos.


 A momma's life is good. So very good indeed.

2 comments:

  1. i think you are amazing for pumping for these 2 little boys. seriously amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was my first thought too, kris. you are doing an amazing job Rach. xoxo

    ReplyDelete