Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Worst Mom Ever Award...

If there were such a thing, I would undoubtedly be a candidate.
Allow me to rewind a bit.
Even though our youngest girl is eight, the thought of travelling to the dark downstairs all alone to use the bathroom in the midst of the night is somewhat terrifying. Every once in a while she musters up enough bravery to go it alone, but more often than not she needs a little encouragement. And so, we've told her to just come get us if need be. Well, lately the need be is every night. And that's okay...except Hubs and I are making good use of the sleep we do get and are sleeping rather heavily. Last week I couldn't seem to rouse myself enough to take her down, so I turned to Hubs and tapped him on the back. "Hon? Can you take her down?" I managed to mumble out. He responded with a long list of grunts, groans and nondescript mumblings. A bit put off, I sighed heavily, threw the sheet off me, and grumbled a "never mind". I took her down and then huffed and puffed my way back to bed. Cue the next morning: He has absolutely no recollection of the whole event. Turns out he never even woke up. (Or so he says...hmmm...curious minds want to know...)
Our boys have been sleeping really well lately, and so Hubs and I have been absolute logs while we catch up on much needed deep REM rest. (Last night they slept from 10pm until 7am!! Glory, Hallelujah, Amen!) Two nights ago our little Lexi appeared bedside yet again. Twice, in fact. Except I have no memory whatsoever of the first time. "Mom? Are you ready now?" Ready for what? What the heck was she talking about? Surely she must mean the bathroom. "Were you in here before?" I mumbled back as I dragged myself from my slumber. Down the stairs we went. "Yes," she responded. Ever so quietly. "Did I send you back to your bed?" Again, "Yes." "Oh, Lexi, I'm sorry....I don't remember you waking me up the first time." Only until the next day did the complete story unfold. Remembering vaguely the events, I asked her again how it all went down. "Well...I came in and asked you to take me to the bathroom, and you told me to wait in my room. That you were holding a baby right now and you'd come get me when you were done."
What the.....???????! Now I LIE in my sleep? Oh my gosh....
Fortunately we all got a good laugh out of the situation. We joked that there was no one that was able to take her the bathroom. In her words...."Dad just falls back asleep when I ask him; Mom tells me lies and sends me to my room; and Jilly is grumpy and too tired to."
What is this family coming to?
Sigh...you know your quiver's full when...
Oh, and I completely and humbly accept the worst mom ever award. I so deserved it that night.

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha -- oh my word that just made me laugh out loud!!! its the craziest thing being woken in the middle of the night - and when its not the baby (babies) doing the waking. hilarious. poor little Lexi. but those boys!!! sleeping so long -- yayyayayaya!!! that's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever heard of a porta potty?? Might want to get one for upstairs lol!

    ReplyDelete