But every once in a blue moon lightning strikes and I can somehow make something happen that I really want. I collected the items for this craft several moths ago, actually. The intent was to give me something to do whilst on bed rest with the twinsies, however...all plans went out the window when my best rest was required at the hospital instead of home. I think they probably frown upon bringing staple guns there...
Today I finally mustered the energy up to dig things out and put them all together. Thus was born my newest creation...
While at camp last year I stumbled upon something rather similar to this at a touristy shop. I loved it. I carried it around for thirty minutes while looking at other things, debating its purchase. (It's just what I do.) I just wasn't willing to pay the price when I knew deep down I could make it myself. The store wanted twenty dollars for theirs...I paid about three for mine. (Insert cheeky grin here.)
Materials Needed:
-An old, beat up picture frame, emptied. The older, the better.
(I found mine at a thrift store for $2)
-Staple gun
-Twine
-Itty bitty clothespins
(Christmas Tree Shop for 89 cents...love that store!)
Step 1. Make knots in twine and staple tightly to the picture frame. Wherever and however your little heart should so desire. It's not rocket science, folks.
Step 2. Decorate, or de-decorate in my case, your clothespins. I happen to pick these up right around St. Patty's Day, and the tacky blingy green hearts just weren't doin' it for me. I opted for the clothespins to go au natural. Bare naked, baby.
Step 3. Hang and accessorize! I grabbed some random pics, a sweet wooden sign for the top and floral-y stuff for the bottom. But plain is good, too.
Now, if I can manage this in just a few short minutes in between burpings (not mine) and diaper changes, it's gotta be easy, right? And with the extra time left over before my little guys woke up, I blogged. Sometimes I amaze even myself.
Love it!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't mind but I am now going to be on the hunt for a beat up old picture frame :)
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! What a great idea!! Definitely a future project!!
ReplyDelete