Monday, July 9, 2012

"The Burb"

Hubs rolled into the driveway on Saturday with this beast.
We have outgrown our mini-van. "Mini" and "family of seven" bear somewhat of a discord with one another. An oxymoron of sorts.

The Suburban conversation is one we've been having for a while. I've been reluctant to give in...since our present van was paid off an allowed seating just enough for seven. And didn't scream "large family coming!!!!" However, during a recent long-ish trip to town I opted to sit in the far back with the girls to finish feeding one of the boys. With my legs cramped tightly in and my bottom compacted against my daughters, it was apparent that it may be time. Besides, these girls aren't getting any smaller. And neither will the boys nor their car-seats. And to complicate things further, there is next to no room for luggage, should we ever decide to go anywhere again. (Which is iffy with five kids.) Thus enters "The Burb"...as we so affectionately call him. Due to his size and manly beastliness, it's most definitely a him.
I must be completely honest and say after a few short days of driving it...I am in love. I'm queen of the road. I dare a Ford Focus to hit me. I shall squash it like a bug. I laugh in the face at small family, economy-sized cars! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha. (Evil laugh.)
Okay, but in all seriousness...this car is just so "us".  It fits our family rather well. And the girls no longer fight over foot-space. Or arm space. Or tush space. Or breathing space. (It was getting ugly.) Yes, we are now a large-sized, homeschooling, Suburban-riding family.
Sigh...never thought I'd see the day.

2 comments: