Wednesday, March 28, 2012

31 Weeks

...and still going strong! This thirty-first week actually marks a few "firsts" for me. I have NEVER made it to thirty-one weeks without my cervix beginning to dilate and being put on complete bed rest. I FULLY expected for all those events to have happened weeks before now. And so, I am just amazed. And grateful. My older sis tells me she's been praying that way and that she just so happens to be in tight with Him, so I kinda partly attribute it to her. (Keep those prayers comin' Auntie!)

Another first in this pregnancy...I have surpassed my total weight gain for all prior pregnancies. My total heaviest weight gain ever, actually. And I'm still not done yet. (Yikes.) Everyone tells me ever so kindly that it's all belly...however, I seriously doubt these babies are weighing in at twenty-six pounds each. All the excess weight shall be revealed when the little boys exit. Scary.


Yesterday was my doctor's appointment and the whole gang of gals decided to make the trip with me. We made it a girls day out, in fact. They were able to see their brothers briefly on ultrasound. I was happy to see they are both still head down; ready for their departure from the womb. After my appointment the plan was to then shop for two little outfits in which to bring the boys home in. Sure, we have lots of cute things from the showers, but I wanted the girls to be able to pick something special out themselves for their brothers. They loved the idea. We ventured through two stores in search of just the right sleepers. This is what the girls ended up agreeing on:They're cute little sleepers with puppies and stars on them. Quite adorable. And better yet...on sale. Just how we like it.


The thought occurred to me that our "girls day out"may be few in the near future. I do so enjoy my girlies. It still seems so odd to be adding a couple of boys to the mix. I have a feeling we're headed for a whole new realm of life soon...

4 comments:

  1. Your belly is amazing!!! I love a pregnant belly -- i cannot believe you have 2 boys in there -- oh, you will definetely be headed for a whole new realm of life soon...you will love it -- and will have 3 girlies who will just love these little boys and be a huge help to you! I'm so excited for you! you look awesome! Glad those babes are hanging tight for ya still!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rachey...this makes me so happy. You are seriously on my heart and my mind SO very often these days. I must see you at least once more before those boys come! How I love you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving reading your blog! And I'll email you back soon too!
    Marliese

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look fantastic for being pregnant with TWO!!! Your belly is beautiful. So glad they are staying in there nice and comfy for you. I'll be praying you go full term!

    ReplyDelete