Today my most major of accomplishments have been:
* Getting out of bed. Sounds simple enough, right? It's actually quite a tuck/roll/sit/groan process. Why people choose to be obese, I'll never understand. This extra fifty pounds I'm carrying around isn't too kind on me.
* Making breakfast. I mean other than opening cereal boxes for the kids. Pancakes, sausages and fresh made maple syrup...compliments of our maple trees! Before I even opened my eyes this morning, I found my taste buds drooling over this breakfast. It was well worth the effort. And as an added bonus; the family thought I did it all for them. Selfish taste buds.
* Shaving my legs. Laugh if you will. But nightly while removing my pants the song "Welcome to the Jungle" has popped in my head more than once. (My daily-shaving friend, Amy, would be terribly disappointed.) I've attempted to get into the whole electric razor thing, but let's face it. It just isn't the same, right ladies? No, today I went all out. I dusted off my triple-bladed razor, located my shaving gel and went to town. Sort of. It was a bit of a massacre, seeing as how I can only visually see one-fourth of my legs....and reach only about my ankles. I was strategically balanced on the side of the tub; awkwardly positioned and at work when Hubs ventured into the bathroom and just laughed. I hear tell that some doting husbands will complete this task for their wives when they can no longer do it themselves. And that thought terrifies me a little bit. I'd prefer to botch my own shaving job, thank you very much.
* Paying bills. I'm the bill-payer in this house. I don't make the money...I just spend it for him to keep this place running. For the most part I do okay in this area. But there are times where I'm terribly distracted and a bill (or more) goes unpaid a bit longer than necessary. Thus, incurring late fees. Especially lately. Hubs isn't fond of that...and understandably so.
*Blogging. There are few things I do to stay in contact with that big ol' world outside these four walls, but blogging is definitely one of them. I enjoy journaling my thoughts (sometimes of which are few and insignificant) almost as much as I enjoy reading other's thoughts. I usually take at least some down time each day to catch up in the lives of all my friends. Some prefer to do so on Facebook, some text, some phone call. I like having time to quietly process as I read into the lives of others, and as I write my own thoughts and feelings down. It's just how I roll.
* Calendar checking. This is my newest hobby...of sorts. It seems as though there are many count-downs in our lives lately. First countdown...fishing season. Hubs and company (the girls) have been eagerly awaiting the first day of April...the first day of fishing. Hubs has been purchasing lures, tackle and gadgets galore for the grand day. He hauled his boat out of storage and is getting her all prepared. We've kept a careful eye on the local river as it's wakened itself from the thick, icy winter's sleep. And now...in six more days it shall be time! I mentioned yesterday how I might be able to tag along if I'm not on bed rest, and was greeted by a whole host of blank stares. Hubs pondered how I would even get myself into the boat (no docks on the river...just a straight shot jump into the boat is how we do it). I have to admit...he had a very good point. I just may stay home and nap. Again.
Secondly in our upcoming events would be Ma and Pa In Law's visit. Three and a half weeks away. I cannot wait. Ma-in-law is pretty much my hero. She comes, cooks, cleans and takes right charge of things when I cannot. I have already filled my freezer with yummy things for her to prepare. Chicken, roast beef, corned beef. It's all there and awaiting her magical touch. I grocery shop these days with her arrival in mind. And I'm not too proud to admit it. Now...if only I can talk them into staying at least a month....
Lastly, the count-down to our baby boys. They could be here safely as early as five weeks...and at the latest seven. (Hubs has requested to get a few weeks of fishing in prior to their arrival...to which I shall try to honor.) That sounds so minimal to us now. Reality is starting to sink in a little more. The boys' room is growing smaller as it gets packed with more and more baby items. We're as ready as we're going to be...we just need them now. Well...preferably not now. In five more weeks.
They do say it's the little stuff that matters....right?
Oh wow, Rach, the arrival of these sweet babes is just around the corner! Squeal! So excited for you guys! And bravo to your list! Those things are huge and you should be proud of yourself! Excited for you to get some much needed nap time during fishing season, and some much needed pampering with the in-laws coming. Enjoy and embrace every second of this phase! Xoxoxo
ReplyDelete