A few weeks ago my family gathered together, men and women alike, and celebrated our upcoming arrivals. It seems as though our families are just as excited about our new additions as we are. And for that we are thankful. Without a doubt these boys will be loved and doted on. We were gifted with many larger needed items such as a baby monitor, double stroller and car seats. Bringing them all home we were reminded of how blessed we truly are.
Today our church family hosted a baby shower. I anticipated a small gathering...and was surprised to walk into a room full of ladies whom showered their love on us. It was awkward and uncomfortable for me....I do so detest being the center of attention. However, I was ever so grateful for it all. I poured through gift after gift, from onesies to diapers and wipes. Everything we could ever need for these babies. My van was stuffed to the limit with blue gifts galore.
Some really neat gifts brought today...
A "diaper cake". I saw one online for the very first time ever just the other day. So, so cool. In fact, I'm a little sad to think of taking it apart. I think I shan't for quite a while yet. Nestled amongst these 96 diapers are little baby trinkets of all kinds. Thermometer, toothbrushes, pacifiers, diaper cream, toys....it's all in there.
Another great gift idea: twin "diaper babies" in a basket. How adorable is that! Again...having a hard time thinking of taking it apart!
But the best gift of all? Being reminded of Christ's love and provision shown tangible by the acts of kindness through His people. It truly leaves me speechless.
Tonight my family and I unloaded and unpacked. Kaytlin and I poured through the gifts yet again...finding room for them all in the boys' room. Once we were done I sat back and looked around. Kaytlin's words fit my thoughts exactly, "I just can't wait for the boys to get here, mom." I've never been so excited to meet these two precious gifts as I have been today.
In other news...still no names. Nothing concrete, anyway. Hubs and I are still in the discussion stage. And Kaytlin informed us today that "us kids should have an input" in the naming process as well. To quote her....."They're OUR babies, too, you know." Oh...really?! :o)
I am just so happy for you guys! It really is amazing the way God has played this experience out in your lives!
ReplyDelete