Monday, May 10, 2010

Womanhood Wonderings...

Dear Women of the World,
It has been brought to my attention for quite some time now that there are a list of unwritten rules that we, as women, must follow. And I have some questions regarding some of them. So, here they are, in no particular order.

1. Why must we shave our legs and underarms? I often feel like I'm in a loosing battle in this area. Just as soon as I am clean-shaven, up crops a patch of stubble the very next day. If we must shave, then I'm a bit confused as to why we were born with hair in such places in the first place...

2. Why are brassieres a necessity? I do understand their function...but I highly doubt that Eve came up with this contraption while she was sewing her fig leaves together. So, just where did it come from? And what are training bra's for? Just what exactly do we train them for?

3. While we're on the topic...why are large "bosoms" more desirable than smaller ones? Isn't it really just fleshy lumps of fat? I mean, all common sense would tell you that it's just less for gravity to grab ahold of, right? (They all point south in the end, anywhow...)

4. Why is there a size "0"? Does that mean that one is just starting out in fitting into clothes? I make the recommendation that all clothes should come in stages of life: "pre-maternity", "maternity", "post maternity", and "I'll never get my body back, anyway". Oh, and all should be make of 100% spandex.

5. Why is a hairstyle so important? We cut, we color, we perm, we straighten. And yet, we're never fully content. My solution is that we band together and either A. all get buzz cuts, or B. all wear pony-tails. It's practical, cheap and easy.

6. Who came up with the idea of color combinations? A girl can get confused knowing which colors to wear, let alone what make up and accessories go best with it. And don't even get me started on matching your purse with your outfit....Let's just all stick with black. It goes with everything.

7. Let's discuss skin tight clothing. I'm unsure with the whole purpose of this style. If you want everyone to know what you have (or don't have) underneath your clothes, well, then...why wear any at all? Besides, who are we really fooling with our muffin tops, padded miracle bra's and plumber's crack? Just trying to keep it real....

I bring all of these to your attention, because I am raising three little people of the female gender. And there's just some things that don't make sense to them. And I really have no good explanations to give them. So, if you have any further insight, please feel free to share it with me. Many thanks.
Sincerely,
Rachael

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha!!! I don't think any of us will every really figure out why we all do these things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach, this made me LOL!! I love your writing and thought patterns. I'm just glad we won't have to worry about all of this in Heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete