Today was the trip to the dentist day for all three of my gals. I always dread it. Needless to say, there's a history there. Long story short: bad experiences. Today, however, was simply grand. My youngest was able to tolerate the entire appointment without
one tear shed. Fascinating. Miracles really do happen. Three sets of teeth are polished, varnished and decay-free.(And the dentist was especially in awe that six of Lexy's teeth decided to make an appearance all at the same time...something about it being really rare...although, we didn't receive an award, or have our names listed in a medical journal or anything...bummer. And Kaytlin, whom is ten years old has decided to sprout her twelve year molars already. Are my kids not astonishingly amazing or what?) I rewarded their good oral hygiene habits with three large red and blue Slushies on the way home. Sad, I know. (Just don't tell my dentist I rewarded their good teeth with sugar. I'm fairly confident that's a "no-no".)
Best photo ops of the day:
Lexy having a slightly uncomfortable rest on the way to the dentist.

A random moose alongside the road. (Their dentist is, in fact, located in moose-country. It's pretty stinkin' awesome.)

Lexy looking awkwardly cool in the dentist chair. No smile...but no tears, either. When I was telling afterward her how impressed I was with her incredible bravery, she proudly stated, "I even talked, mom!" That's what I call a fairly decent trip to the dentist. (Even he was impressed.)

No comments:
Post a Comment