Thursday, January 31, 2013

Reflecting on Today...

Life lately is flowing along. Since the boys turned nine months, it seems as though things have leveled out. For the most part. I feel myself morphing out from the haze. (Should it have taken this long?) The new kind of normal is settling in; and for once in the past nine months I feel more...well....ME. And although the whole two-baby-thing is still oodles of work, it's almost becoming (dare I speak the words?)...fun. (Even though I virtually still am lacking a social life.) Random strangers would always comment, "TWINS? Oh, how fun! You must have so much fun!" And I...bleary-eyed, sleep-deprived, hair tousled all about; I would honestly reply, "Fun? No...not so much the word I would use. But I'm sure someday it will be!" And flash my best exhausted, fake-yet-polite-grin their way.
Yes, life is slowly finding rhythm again. Our days lately are filled with...
 Feeding the hens. And gathering their eggs. Preparing and eating them. The eggs, that is. Not the hens.
 Afternoon tea parties. Always complete with cookies or sweet breads. Kaytlin makes sure of that.
 Giggles and lovies. My favorite part of the day.
 Cheerios parties. Best baby snack ever. Even better when shared with a friend.
Daddy snuggles. Always melts this momma's heart.
 
After a long, long day of work and play, the quiet night sets in. All the children tucked in bed with a kiss. And as I recall the day's events, I'm reminded once again: I'm a blessed, blessed woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment