Along with many a grey hair, he's also accumulated various hobbies over the years. For instance: Wheeling and dealing. Many years ago, when he was in between jobs, he discovered he enjoys buying and selling. Along with swapping and trading. (He actually has quite a knack for it, to be perfectly honest.) We've seen many a motorcycle, dirt bike, boat, ATV, and vehicle pass through here. At first it drove me absolutely bonkers. Until I came to the conclusion that he was, in fact, making money and not losing it. Now I've just learned not to become attached to anything we own. It's all for sale. Kids included. (But not really.)
Well, as it turns out, that hobby is not quite enough for Hubs. No, siree. About three months ago I happened to notice that he spent an awful lot of time browsing guns. Talking about guns. I smiled and nodded a lot....thinking it was a new phase that would soon pass. Until he came home with this beauty...
I slowly grew more comfy with the idea. And have only recently stopped asking continually where the gun is; and if it's loaded or not. I'm working my way up to touching it...and then...perhaps...one day....shooting it. Maybe. We shall see.
I was still trying to wrap my mind around the first. And the second. I wasn't aware we needed a whole arsenal of weaponry. Hubs declared himself officially prepared for any Zombie Wars that may or may not occur. I think it's just an excuse to further his new-found hobby.
There is just no end to my discovery of that man. As soon as I think I've figured him out, he goes and finds something new to confound me. But I do so love him. (Just maybe not his guns as much. But I'm learning to.)
Heaven forbid anyone should storm these doors at midnight. I pity the fool. Locked and loaded, baby.
Oh my word. I am not breathing a word of this to MY hubby. He just added a new decoration to our bedroom wall....a lovely shotgun mounted onto a homemade gun rack of deer hooves. Lovely. If I was ever worried about London's room being too girly...I surely am not anymore. Yeesh.
ReplyDelete