Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Moment In The Sun

After several very long days of clouds, thunderstorms and rain the sun made its grand reapperance today. Only for a little while. But it was a little while of glorious sun. Even I ventured out to steal a quick few minutes of its rays. Since the girls have been indoors living off Ipods, books, video games and "Leave It To Beaver", we encouraged them to rush out and enjoy the sun before it disappeared. Hubs enticed them with the newly formed natural pool at the edge of our lawn. Jilly and Lexi couldn't resist. In a flash they were in their swimsuits and running through the puddle. So what if it was only 67 degrees? These gals are thick-skinned.
Apparently there were other creatures enjoying our little pond as well...the girls were finding all sorts of lovely critters. Ick.
Kaytlin, meanwhile, inspected her growing flowers. There's approximately a thousand potting containers that don our lawn. Give or take. To her delight, there are some that have bloomed, and several budded and ready to.
  And I? Well, within a few minutes of grabbing some pictures of the girls the fellas awoke from their slumber. And not all to happily, might I add. So I retreated back into the dark indoors to console our recently vaccinated and grumpy little boys. But I can't say that I hated it.

Dear Sun,
Please come back real soon. And stay longer. We miss you.
Sincerely,
One Tired Momma

1 comment:

  1. awww. i love that last picture. and that your girlies love critters. i did too when i was a kid. not now, though. oh my word. and i try not to encourage it tooooo much with jonah, 'cause i reallllly do not like them now. i loved seeing you, though it was much, much too briefly.

    ReplyDelete