So I compromised. I let them have a "campout day". Which is not quite the same, but still fun, none the less. The girls rounded up some toys and essentials, pitched the half-a-person-sized tent, and began their adventure.
Since hanging out in a tiny tent and inhaling everyone else's recycled air is only fun for a little while, they decided to spice things up a bit and go for a swim.
After a cool dip in the pool the girls had worked up an appetite and so I rounded up some good ol' fashioned camping food. Weenies, chips and s'mores. All over an open fire. Well, except the chips, of course. Oh, and don't worry...no children were injured in this raging inferno I started for them. Because I AM the world's best fire-starter...remember? (It's doubtful their hot-dogs were cooked all the way through...)
Later in the afternoon they got a bit rained out. Well, actually a lot rained out. As all good camping trips do. (Note the abandoned tent now folded on it's side in pathetic fashion.)
Ah....good summer memories in the making.
Now THAT was awesome!! You are a great mommy!! We tried to do a "camping out nap" the other day in the same size tent...plus me! Well, the air was SO stagnant and there was no way we could close the door so the bugs got in and also the little baby grasshoppers :) Needless to say that it lasted about 10 minutes. It was a great idea though!
ReplyDeleteLooked like so much fun !!!!
ReplyDeleteI think our girls are alot alike :)