The garden has officially ceased producing for the year. The harvest is complete.
Yesterday I hauled out Mr. Tiller. I've been itching to do so for about three weeks now. But my carrots needed a few extra weeks to grow. And so, I let them grow. Then I yanked them outta the ground, cranked Mr. Tiller on, and went to town. My garden doubled in size in less than an hour. The chicks spent the entire time in the garden, along side of me, grabbing the worms that were pulled to the surface by the tines of the tiller. (And let me just say whomever created the phrase "scared as a chicken" never met my chickens. Fear is irrelevant in their little world.) They absolutely adore my new and improved garden. So much, in fact, that they have volunteered to fertilize it while digging for grubs. How sweet of them.
Today I sat on my swing that overlooks the garden and pondered....
Corn rows here...
Lots of green beans there...
Waaaaay less tomato plants...and put them here...
Spinach in the more shady spot there...
Do I have enough room?
Should I expand another couple of feet?
That would mean more weeding...
I have so much fun planning next year's crop. I'm thinking I just may go even bigger. The garden might have to expand more yet. Hubs may have to hold me back from tilling up the whole front lawn. I get all warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about it...
Is it spring yet????
No comments:
Post a Comment