(Inserting completely random sentimental thought here.)
I truly cherish time spent with my sisters. There is just a special bond there. Twasn't always so, though...my older sister and I fought horribly as younger sisters. My younger sister was still in diapers when that was going on. So...all our relationships have truly been built over the years. We forgiven one another for the unfortunate events of our youth and moved on. (Except for my sister cruelly feeding me "chocolate" that was indeed bunny doo. I'm still working through therapy on that one...) Now, as adults I love that there is no competition. No superficialness. No selfishness, harsh comments, dirty looks or cold shoulders. All that faded with youth, fortunately. (Although, I do carefully inspect all chocolate offered to me at her house.) My older sister has taught me much about life, circumstances and faith. And that I may possibly not want four children. Totally kidding on that one. I think. But, honestly, the older she gets, the more beautiful inside and out she becomes. Sisterhood as adults can be such a treasured gift. I truly am so thankful for my two sisters. I can only hope as much for my own daughters as they grow into women.
(Wipe a stray tear; cue back to the events of my day now.)
My older sister and I spent the afternoon making sure the kiddos didn't injure themselves or each other, while putting up ye old trampoline. We threw food and lollipops at them, all for the sake of having one, solid, solitary hour to set up the trampoline. (Yes, I do in fact realize that last sentence had far too many adjectives. It's how I roll.) The same trampoline that has been passed back and forth over the past six years. Our family has now handed the trampoline torch back their family. Again. Where I'm hoping it will have a long, extended yet safe retirement. I shall not desire the death trap back. No matter how much my kids beg.
After our afternoon at big sis' house, we went back to my lil' sis' for dinner. And snuggles with Sweet Cheeks, of course. I must say how incredibly proud I am my little sister. At nineteen years old she manages a husband, house and baby. She barely just got done being a baby herself. Through my eyes, anyhow. And yet she does it all seemingly flawlessly. Through the process of becoming a mother she has grown to be selfless instead of selfish. I do so enjoy watching her flourish as a woman.
Today was a day well spent. Running the roads, laughing and playing, sipping coffee and enjoying conversation. I didn't get much of anything accomplished, but feel thoroughly content.
No comments:
Post a Comment