Dearest Amy,
When my girls said their bedtime prayers, they thanked God for the day with your family. An hour long drive was well worth the unplanned visit. We had a super time visiting with your little masculine troop. I go to bed tonight with a refreshed spirit, fond memories and a more positive outlook for my daughters' future spouses. (I have mentioned that they are marrying your boys, no?)
I do so like your chickens. And turkey. And ducks. And fishy (just what was his name?). And butterflies. And crickets, too. I was never formally introduced to the frogs or the kitty cat, but I'm pretty sure I'd like them as well. And your vast garden is pretty much amazing. (I do have slight garden envy, in fact. But I think that's okay...the Bible says not to covet your neighbors house, wife, servant or cattle. It makes no mention of gardens there, so I think I'm safe. What I don't envy is your bountiful supply of poison ivy.) Although, I do feel kind of bad for your family whom has to eat forty-seven servings of fresh vegetables for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Just to keep up with the supply.
I think I'm pretty much in love with your boys. They kind of make me want one of my very own. (I think that's safe, too. 'Cause again...no specific reference of coveting children in the ten commandments...) Even the cute little one that screams like a girl. And although Jesse declared today that he likes Jillian's arms and legs, I think that's okay. He is only three, after all. However, if he still says that when he's thirteen, they might not be allowed to play together unchaperoned. I hope that wouldn't offend you. Despite all that, I do happen to think they would make fine young grooms for my girlies. And so, I will humbly accept your six goats and a mule. If you throw in the two ducks as an advance on payment.
The girls and I will be anxiously awaiting for another play day with you and your lovely family. Even if it has to be a completely spontaneous one.
Love,
Rachael
This is the BEST letter I have EVER received in my LIFE! I read it to everyone over breakfast and we all DIED laughing! Oh my word, you are hilarious. I had no idea the comments Jesse made to Jillian. What a hoot!!! OH, dear friend. The visit WAS lovely, and I thought of about a million other things I wanted to talk about after you left. Let's do this again SOON. .....And the ducks are on their way! :0) SO much love, Amy
ReplyDelete